Navas nears switch to Manchester City

By Simon Wright - Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

Spanish winger Jesus Navas had admitted in the Spanish media that he likes Manchester City and is nearing a switch to them this summer, Clubcall confirms.

Navas (pictured), who plays on the right side of midfield, has spent his entire career with Sevilla, winning six club honours including back-to-back UEFA Cup triumphs in 2006 and 2007 when Juande Ramos was in charge.

However after nearly 400 official games appearing for the Sevillistas, Navas’s heart is set on a move to the Premier League.

He told Marca: “I like Manchester City a lot and it has great players.  Manchester City has done all it can to bring me in and I have to be grateful for that.  I want to go on and win trophies.  I’m now open to anything.  I want to win more and reach my goals.” 

Sevilla’s financial issues in recent seasons have hurt their progress as a top Spanish outfit.  However, despite a ninth-placed La Liga finish, they have qualified for the Europa League after Malaga’s expulsion and Rayo Vallecano’s ineligibility to play in European competition.

Navas has also had success at international level, being a part of the all-conquering Spanish side that stormed to victory at the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012.

Read this article on A Different League

Comments