Liverpool target Aspas can't wait to complete move

By Simon Wright - Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas is keen to complete his protracted transfer to Liverpool, according to ESPN.

The 25-year-old (pictured) cannot wait to start life in the Premier League, and has admitted he turned down teams in Portugal and Italy to secure a move to the Merseysiders.

He told Marca: “I was forced to cancel my holiday in the Caribbean, but the reason I did more than justifies why. 

“When I heard of Liverpool’s interest I did not hesitate even for a minute.  Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world and although I had offers (elsewhere), I decided my future was in English football.” 

It is widely believed that the two clubs have agreed a fee, with Aspas still yet to agree terms or pass a medical, though this now appears to be just a formality.

The attacker has spent his entire career with Celta Vigo, featuring 153 times in the last six years.

His 12 goals last season helped the club avoid relegation back to the Spanish Segunda division on the final day of the La Liga campaign at the expense of Real Mallorca and Deportivo la Coruna.

Liverpool have already signed Kolo Toure, and might in the market for another striker too.  Both Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez look set to leave, whilst injury on international duty means Daniel Sturridge faces a race against time to be fit for pre-season.

Read this article on A Different League

Comments