Gomes ready to leave Tottenham

By Simon Wright - Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

Goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes has conceded that he wants to end his frustrating spell on the sidelines at Tottenham Hotspur, reports the Daily Express.

The former Brazil international (pictured) has slipped down the pecking order at the club, becoming as low as fourth choice at the start of the last campaign.

He went on loan to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim in January, and helped the club preserve their Bundesliga status in his nine league appearances.

The 32-year-old knows his chances of football are limited at Spurs, as he will remain behind Hugo Lloris and Brad Friedel in Andre Villas-Boas’ plans.

He said: “I have to report for duty with Tottenham but it’s likely I will leave so I can continue my career as I am doing very well.” 

Signed from PSV Eindhoven by Juande Ramos for £7.8m, Gomes made a series of high-profile mistakes in his early Spurs career.

Nevertheless, he has made over 100 appearances for the club, and helped them into the Champions League and into the last eight of their debut season in the competition in 2011.

Read this article on A Different League

Comments