Fabregas keeping quiet on transfer speculation

By Simon Wright - Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

ESPN understands Cesc Fabregas is remaining quiet on intense speculation that he is poised to make a return to the Premier League.

Although he has a decent strike rate in La Liga with Barcelona, scoring one goal every three matches, regular game time for Fabregas (pictured) has been a problem since his big money move back to the Catalans in August 2011.

Despite winning La Liga last season, along with the Copa del Rey in 2012 and the UEFA Super Cup in 2011, Fabregas has been unable to dislodge the strong midfield combination at the Nou Camp of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Sergio Busquets.

He will hold talks with manager Tito Vilanova on his future, with his former club Arsenal and Manchester United keeping a check on the situation in Catalonia.

Fabregas told Marca: “I have not opened my mouth once.  It has taken a lot for me to get where I am and I am not thinking about throwing it all away for nothing. 

“If they (Barcelona) said that they didn’t want me that would be another thing, what I really want is to triumph at Barca.  That has been the dream since I was small.” 

The 26-year-old scored the first hat-trick of his career in April against Real Mallorca, and has been an integral part of the Spanish international squad that has cleaned up the major honours in the last three international tournaments.

Read this article on A Different League

Comments