Sanogo keen to complete Arsenal move

By Simon Wright - Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

Auxerre striker Yaya Sanogo is keen to get his move to Arsenal completed, according to ESPN.

Sanogo told Sky Sports: “Arsenal could be a great club for me.  I scored nine goals this season with Auxerre and they think I can improve my level in England.  I am pleased to be following in the footsteps of Abou Diaby who came through from Auxerre.  There are many teams interested in me, but Arsenal is my choice.”

The 20-year-old (pictured) is highly rated by many, and has had scouts from Italian clubs as well as Arsenal watching his progress in the French second division.

Although the Frenchman only figured in 11 Ligue 2 games, he still recorded nine goals.  Arsene Wenger confirmed recently that the club were close to bolstering their attacking options with the signing of Sanogo, who would provide competition for Theo Walcott and countryman Olivier Giroud.

Sanogo has also represented France at all junior levels, including winning two caps for the Under-21s.

Despite Sanogo’s good form, Auxerre failed to sustain a challenge for promotion back to Ligue 1 after relegation last season, finishing a distant ninth, 18 points behind third placed Guingamp, who have been promoted with AS Monaco and Nantes.

The Auxerre academy has also blossomed players in the past like Benjani, Djibril Cisse and Philippe Mexes.

Read this article on A Different League

Comments