Loyal Osman elects to stay at Goodison

By Simon Wright - Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

Despite uncertainty on the identity of the next Everton manager, Leon Osman has signed a new contract to stay with the club.

He penned the new deal last week, and it will keep the midfielder on Merseyside until 2015, the Daily Express confirms.

Osman (pictured signing his new deal) told Everton TV: “I am delighted to have put my signature on another contract and secured another year at the club.  I have been here since I left school, I am a player and a fan, I love coming to work every day and I am delighted that’s going to continue.” 

Osman has been at the club since he was an apprentice, having loan spells at Carlisle and Derby County, and made his Premier League debut against Tottenham in January 2003.

He has gone on to make 284 league appearances, and arguably had his best season in 2012-13, finding the net five times, including a stunning long-range effort in the defeat of Manchester City in March.

He won international recognition from Roy Hodgson in November, being called up and capped in the England squad for the first time in the friendly loss to Sweden.

The midfielder also expressed he had no doubts over his decision to stay, despite David Moyes leaving as manager for Manchester United.

He added: “It’s time to take the family on holiday now, enjoy it and recharge the batteries for next season.”

Read this article on A Different League

Comments