Koscielny is not for sale, say Arsenal

By Simon Wright - Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

Metro understands Bayern Munich have identified Arsenal’s central defender Laurent Koscielny as a summer target.

Pep Guardiola, who is set to take over as coach of the Champions League finalists in the summer, wants the French central defender as part of the new Bavarian regime at the Allianz Arena.

However, Arsene Wenger has issued a ‘hands-off warning,’ and has slapped a £19m price tag on the defender who has recently returned into favour at the Emirates after a troubled campaign with injuries.

During March’s international break, Koscielny (pictured) stated he was more than happy with life in London, saying: “I still have four years left on my contract after June. 

“I feel good in the club.  They have faith in me.  I’m happy in London, my family too, I’m not thinking about (leaving).” 

The 27-year-old has won nine international caps for France, and has made 86 league appearances for the Gunners since joining from Lorient in the summer of 2010, scoring five goals.

He has formed an excellent partnership with Per Mertesacker in recent months, leaving the Gunners’ club captain Thomas Vermaelen out of the team on a regular basis since March.

The Bundesliga champions are already building for next season, having sanctioned the transfer of Mario Gotze from German rivals Borussia Dortmund a fortnight ago.

Read this article on A Different League

Comments