Vela wants to stay at Sociedad

By Simon Wright - Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

Mexican attacker Carlos Vela has revealed that he is not interested in a return to Arsenal, despite having a buy-back clause in his contract with his current club, reports the Daily Mail.

Vela (pictured) moved to Real Sociedad on a permanent deal in August after six years in north London, having made just 62 appearances in the senior side at the Emirates Stadium.

The top scorer at the 2005 FIFA Under-17 World Championship had several loan spells in this period, including stints with Osasuna and Sociedad in Spain, and West Brom in the Premier League.

Having found the net 12 times in 27 league games for his new side, Vela admits he won’t forget his time under Arsene Wenger’s stewardship, but is concentrating on a future with the Erreala.

Vela, capped 35 times by Mexico, told a Spanish news international agency: “Arsenal are a big team who gave me the opportunity to play in Europe. 

"I will always remember that, but I didn’t have the opportunities that I felt I deserved. 

"I am very happy here (at Real Sociedad) and would like to stay here.” 

Vela’s goals have helped the club to a position in the top four in La Liga, two points clear of the chasing pack for the final Champions League place, currently headed by Valencia.

Read this article on A Different League

Comments