Boca return dismissed by Tevez

By Simon Wright - Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

Despite rumours of being part of a Roberto Mancini cull of his playing squad, Carlos Tevez seems content to stay at Manchester City, ESPN has learned.

The 29-year-old has admitted he would love to finish his playing career in his native homeland of Argentina, preferably with the club at which he started his professional career, Boca Juniors.

However, the former Corinthians and Manchester United striker doesn’t feel his market value will enable a successful bid from Boca in the summer.

He has hinted at returning to South America when he is 33, suggesting the striker is not finished either in England or on the European continent.

Tevez (pictured) told Canal 9: “If it was down to me then I would return tomorrow because I will love Boca until I die.

"Maybe I will return to Boca when I am 33.  It’s very difficult for any Argentine club to pay Manchester City my market value.” 

Tevez has scored 11 Premier League goals, 17 in all competitions this season, but his efforts haven’t been enough to see the Citizens retain their Premier League crown.

Kolo Toure has already confirmed his summer departure from the Etihad Stadium, and there are doubts about the futures of Gael Clichy, Samir Nasri, Scott Sinclair and Joleon Lescott as Mancini rethinks his future plans for the blue half of Manchester.

Read this article on A Different League

Comments