Becks to take time over extended PSG stay

By Simon Wright - Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

David Beckham is not in any hurry to sort out his future with oil-rich French giants Paris Saint-Germain, but as reported by ESPN, has held talks over an extended stay.

The 37-year-old quit LA Galaxy in December, and after interest from several English, Chinese and Australian sides, elected to join the Ligue 1 leaders in January on a five-month contract.

Beckham (pictured) has largely been used as a substitute since linking up with Carlo Ancelotti, but was a surprise inclusion in Tuesday’s UEFA Champions League 2-2 draw with Barcelona at the Parc des Princes.

The former England captain’s experience was preferred to the youth of 20-year-old Marco Verratti, and he played well in a 70-minute cameo before the fresh legs of Verratti were used.

Beckham said: “I’ve spoken to the owners and I’ve spoken to the manager, I know how happy they are with me and they know how happy I am here, but I’m not getting any younger. 

“I will enjoy the rest of the season and then we’ll sit down and talk then.  I’m still training every day, the same as the rest of the players. 

“I work as hard as them and don’t want to be treated any differently, even at my age.  I love working hard and training, so nothing’s changed.” 

Should they take the French league crown, it will be the fifth country where Beckham has won the domestic league after tasting success in England, Spain, Italy and the United States.

Read this article on A Different League

Comments