Kakuta happy to stay at Arnhem

By Simon Wright - Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

Frenchman Gael Kakuta has declared he is happy at temporary club Vitesse Arnhem, and isn’t interested in returning to Chelsea, according to Sky Sports

Kakuta has represented France at all levels upto the Under-21 stage, and the 21-year-old seems to have found his home from home after frustrating loan periods at Fulham, Bolton Wanderers and Dijon in the past two years.

Kakuta said: “I don’t dream about Chelsea anymore - I used to, now I know better. 

"I hope I can join a club like Vitesse next season, where I can play every week. 

“Chelsea have far too many players.  At my age I need to play regularly but if I got back, I’ll just get 10 minutes a month and I don’t want that.” 

Kakuta (pictured) was signed by the Blues as a teenager from Lens in 2007, one of Jose Mourinho’s last signings at Stamford Bridge.

He was rated highly by many pundits and fellow team-mates, including former German international Michael Ballack.

Kakuta is currently contracted until 2015 with the current champions of Europe, and he became the club’s youngest player in the Champions League when he featured in a group stage draw with APOEL Nicosia in December 2009.

However, Kakuta has only featured 16 times in all competitions with the west Londoners, and seems surplus to requirements at Chelsea.

Read this article on A Different League

Comments