Routledge ties down long-term deal with Swansea

Winger Wayne Routledge has put pen to paper on a new contract at Capital One Cup finalists Swansea City.

The 28-year-old has impressed many with his performances throughout the campaign, and the Daily Mail reports he has signed a new four-year deal to stay at the Liberty Stadium until the summer of 2016.

Earlier this month he said: “This is probably the happiest I have been in my career and I’m probably playing my best football.  

“I’m always at my best and happiest when I am playing regularly and I think that shows.” 

Routledge (pictured) has benefited the most from Scott Sinclair’s ill-fated decision to join Manchester City in the summer, as he has become more of a first-team regular under Michael Laudrup.

The former Crystal Palace and Tottenham midfielder has scored five goals in 29 appearances this season, and seems to have settled down after years of constant movements which included spells at Fulham, Portsmouth, QPR and Newcastle United.

The extension on his contract comes after hotshot Michu signed a new deal to stay in Wales last week.

The future of striker Danny Graham remains in the balance, with Sunderland closely monitoring his situation, although chairman Huw Jenkins has denied reports that he has asked to leave for personal reasons.

By Simon Wright - Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

Comments