Holloway staying loyal to Blackpool


Ian Holloway (pictured) has dismissed speculation linking him with the vacant managerial position at Championship rivals Blackburn Rovers.
Rovers are still looking for a replacement for Steve Kean, who resigned in bizarre circumstances at the end of September. Caretaker Eric Black will remain in charge until further notice.
Holloway told BBC Radio Lancashire: “The great thing about Blackpool is we don’t deal with speculation. Speculation is not handled.
“How it works here is very simple. If someone did ring for me, my chairman would answer the call, he would tell me about it and we would discuss it.
“Will I be the Blackpool manager for the rest of my life? No, I can’t see that happening. I’m very proud to be the Blackpool manager and what I think about other football clubs is nobody else’s business.”
Blackburn’s controversial owners, Venky’s made an approach to speak to Tottenham coach Tim Sherwood earlier in the week but their approach was rebuked by the White Hart Lane side.
Molde FK manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has declared he isn’t interested in taking over in Lancashire while BBC pundit and former Blackburn goalscoring hero Alan Shearer is also thought to be in the reckoning.
Blackburn dropped another place in the table after drawing 1-1 with Derby on Saturday, extending their winless run to five matches. Blackpool's slump continued too with a 1-0 defeat in the Saturday evening kick-off at Burnley.
By Simon Wright – Follow me on Twitter @Siwri88

Comments